Thursday, September 25, 2014

Responsibility 101 - 3rd Grade Style

Hi parents,
Today has been such a great day with your kiddos, actually this whole week has been.  I am just so proud of them and I wanted to share what our class has accomplished.  It seems like this week something all of a sudden started to click for most of the kids.

*They have been wiping down their own lunch tables and sweeping up their crumbs before they leave to go to recess.
*They have started getting the hang of how to keep their desk organized without as much help from me.
*They were given individual lists of missing assignments and every one of them came to me to either hand it in or find a solution to the lost assignment.
*They were complimented by the librarian on how well they handle checking books in and out AND how respectfully they carry themselves.
*They have started saying please and thank you for things without prompting from me.
*They know their morning routine much better and don't need constant or immediate direction from me.
*At recess they handle disagreements in a very civilized manner.

All of these things were a large struggle when the year started, but they have worked hard and have accomplished a lot.  Thank you for helping me reinforce these things at home as well.  All of their teachers have told me what a lovely bunch they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment