Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Bring on September

I think I heard about 15 parents and kids walk into my room this morning and grumble something to the effect of "Dumb tornadoes.  NEED more sleep!"  I have to say, I wanted so badly to be a part of the grumbling since I saw 0 tornados but received 3 phone calls and 5 texts while I was asleep.  This is of course very sweet of my family, but I didn't feel the sweetness of it this morning.  So here's to a week with no more tornados and plenty of uninterrupted sleep.

Religion
Memory: 2nd commandment and it's meaning

Math
We are doing an extension on our lessons with quadrilaterals from last week.  The kids are making a book of quadrilaterals at school that shows the different properties of each.  They will also prove to me that they can measure correctly as well as combine some math and language arts skills together.  This will be homework tomorrow if they do not finish it in class.

Reading/Writing
We will be working on our first full fledge writing assignment this week.  We are starting a letter writing unit that will extend into next week.  This week's story is not from the Reading Book.  It is a book called "The Gardner" by Sarah Stewart.  After reading the letters that a little girl writes back and forth to her family, we will begin writing letters to each other, and to pen pals from a mysterious location.

Science
We are almost done learning about muscles.  I will be posting the videos and robot arms that the kids made shortly.

A review guide should have come home today.  They will receive all the correct answers to it tomorrow and it needs to be turned in to me on Thursday.  They will have a test on muscles on Thursday as well.  If they know the review guide, they will be ready for the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment