Sunday, April 27, 2014

Week of April 28th

We have exactly one month of school left.   The kids and I both agree that this year just flew by.  There are just a few things left to accomplish, but they are pretty big tasks.  Please encourage your kiddos to keep working hard.

Book Club
We have one chapter left in Sarah Plain and Tall.  The kids have done a great job with their discussions in class.  They have worked hard and stayed on topic the entire time.  Here are the due dates for their assignments on the book.

  • Tues 4/29 - Chapter 9 read and vocab completed
  • Wed. 4/30 - Question packet (all highlighted items should be completed)
  • Mon. 5/5 - Tic tac toe board project (This was sent home on Friday.  We spent a long time talking through how it works on Friday.  I told the kids that there are not a lot of detailed guidelines for the projects on purpose.  I want them to try and think outside of the box that I normally give them.  I expect the projects to be done well and have a lot of thought put into them.  Otherwise, I just want them to show me what they can do.)
Science
Our animal unit is the last science unit of the year.  We are going to be making dioramas and putting together an animal picture book for their final project.  You will receive more information on this next week.  For right now, please respond to my email about digital cameras.  I need to know ASAP so that I can round up enough devices for all 44 kiddos.  

Field Trips
$10 total - this is only for the bus fee.  There are no admission charges for either field trip.  

Monday 5/5 - St. Louis Zoo (bring sack lunch)  I could still use quite a few parents to help the kids get their pictures for the books we are making.  

Monday 5/19 - Forest Park (Amazing Race Day) I need at least 10 parents to help run stations.  So far I have 2.  

I realize many of you can't take off of work for a whole day, but if you are able to come for part of the day I can use that type of help as well (preferably mornings).  Thanks for all you do to help your kids as well as myself.  

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment