Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Achievement Test Week/Holy Week

I don't know if you all remember what it was like to take these silly tests when you were in school, but I sort of forgot until this year.  I know that sounds weird.  I'm a teacher and I've been taking or doing tests almost my whole life.  But....until this year I forgot how nerve wracking they can actually be.  Yesterday the kids all walked in to class and I swear I've never seen a group of 22 kids be that quiet voluntarily.  I am doing my best to help calm their nerves and teach them how to relax.  Hopefully it's working.  Thanks to a lovely parent we have been using this website to do breathing exercises, stretches, wiggle breaks, and stress management.  You can check it out and try using it before bed time to help them slow down or get wiggles out on a rainy day.
www.gonoodle.com

Here's a few reminders for the week:

  • Please try to be here on time so that we can start testing without interruptions
  • No homework this week
  • There is Memory this week!! (6th commandment)
  • They may chew gum or suck on candy this week.  I have a supply in the classroom if you don't want to send it in with them.  

  • No school on Friday
  • No chapel on Wednesday.  We will have 2 chapel times on Thursday instead.  

Pictures
Yesterday your kiddos practiced their tech skills AND their teaching skills.  Mrs. Schulz brought her 2nd graders down to learn how to use the chrome books.  Instead of me teaching them, your kiddos each taught a 2nd grader how to use them.  You can check out the picture page to see how they did.  


No comments:

Post a Comment