Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Week of Feb. 3rd

        Welcome to our crazy busy week parents!  We started on Monday with our field trip to the History Museum.  The kids learned a lot about Thomas Jefferson and slavery.  We then came back to school and answered their questions as well as read books about Harriet Tubman and Sojourner Truth.  They will be bringing home a writing assignment to help them reflect on what they learned.  I will also share the google doc with all of your kids so they can access it at home if we don't have school tomorrow.
Rough Draft - Due Wed. ( if we have a snow day tomorrow I would ask that parents proofread their rough drafts so that I can have a final draft by Friday.) I'll put up another post if we have a snow day to help you with that.
Final Draft - Due Fri.  

Spelling
We will spend 2 weeks on this spelling list.  The list will get posted tomorrow (Wed.) after the kids and I have a chance to pick the words.  Check the spelling page tomorrow afternoon for more directions about tests and assignments.

Keep working on multiplication.  Normal math homework will start again on Wednesday.  

Bus Money
I know I've been collecting for a lot of things lately, but I am still missing bus money from a few of you.  If you aren't sure if you owe still, email me and I'll let you know.  I have to have it all in by Thursday at the latest.  ($5)

Tumble Books
We are using an online library at CCLS called Tumblebooks.  You can access this library at home to search for books or find ones that we've read in class by visiting this website.  
Tumble Books


Shoeman Water Project 
We are collecting shoes for the Shoeman Water Project.  Please bring gently used shoes (no holes) to school through February 28th.  Shoes need to be tied or rubber band together and placed in the bucket at the Elementary building.  Thank you for your generosity.  



No comments:

Post a Comment