Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snowy Day Proofreading

Since we have another lovely snow day, I told your kiddos to ask you for some help in proofreading their Slavery Reflection Papers.  I hadn't planned on so many of them using google docs to write them, but it actually helps a lot.  Here's what we will do:

  • If they shared a google doc version with me, I will read it quick and leave comments to let them know if they are on the right track.  You can find the comments on right side of the document.  These will mostly be comments on the content of the paper.  If you can help them check for spelling and punctuation errors, that will be wonderful.  
    • My suggestion would be to either highlight the text that needs to be fixed and let them use dictionaries to find the correct spellings.  For punctuation mistakes, you may just have to point them out directly.
    • You could also just print their document and then use the proofreading mark chart that I provided the link to below.  

  • If they have a paper version, still check for spelling and punctuation errors, but feel free to use the marks on this chart.  This is what we use in class, so they should be somewhat familiar with them. 
Proofreading marks 

Final Draft will be due on Friday.  Even if they have done it on google docs, I would still like a printed copy turned into me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment