Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Week of April 6th

Hi parents,
I am so sorry that I have been writing to you in the middle of the week lately.  My after school schedule has changed recently, and I'm not able to get this written on Mondays like I used to be.  Therefore, I will be trying to inform you of things a little more ahead of time so you know what to expect on Mondays as well.

Memory
We have a short verse this week and we will work on it more in class tomorrow since I was late getting it up on the blog.

Social Studies
I am so pleased with the grades that came out of the government test.  This is a notoriously hard unit and for the most part, I can tell your kiddos worked hard studying and paying attention in class.  We are beginning an economics unit this week.   Use this chance to teach your kiddos about money at home too!

Math
We have begun to get into harder concepts in Math.  I just put in our most recent math test grade and they are very disappointing.  There are a couple of points that I plan to review with the kids, but after looking at the tests it seems the kids made a lot of rushed mistakes (not putting $, not labeling answers, not double checking to finish the whole problem, not reading correctly, etc.)
This is something we will be talking about tomorrow in class.  I plan to keep their tests so that they can look at them and ask questions of me before they go home.  We will have plenty of tests to help bring up their grade, but as always, they can fix their mistakes (if they scored below a 70%) and I'll average the two grades together. Please encourage your student to double check their work and take thorough time to finish.

Achievement Tests
We will be testing in the mornings next week.  Please make sure your child is able to do the following:
1. Get plenty of rest each night
2. Eat a good breakfast each morning
3. Bring a water bottle to school
4. Is here by 8:15 to get their morning routine finished.

I will be closing the doors at 8:20 and won't be able to take questions after that.  Please respectful of our time schedule and the other students in the class by helping their morning start in a calm manner.  

Upcoming events
* Achievement Tests - April 13-16
*Grandparents Day - April 23
*Zoo Field Trip (9-1:30) - May 4th - We need and can take as many of you as would like to join us. 
* Field Day - May 15
* Amazing Race Field Trip (9-2:00) - May 18 -We NEED at least 12 parents.  Ask some parents from the current 4th grade class if this is worth a day off of work.  I'll bet they all say YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment